First EP....Georges River

SaltyGreek

Tried a new spot within a few minutes ride from my house today with some plastics. Rode down to the trail and hid my bike in the bush, then walked down the trail to the spot. "Looks good" I thought to myself. Nice steep rocky drop off and a bit of structure to flick at with a lot of current pushing through. First cast, nothing. Second cast, couple hops off the bottom and then a solid hit. I struck, feeling the heavy, head shaking fish trying to wrap me around the kalona, but managed to keep it away before getting a first glimpse of fish. Backed the drag off as I lead the fish around onto the beach where I was able to land him. Stoked to land my first EP after only my second time targeting them and wow, they're fun! Got a couple quick photos and measured him, coming in at 41cm before releasing it, where it swam off strongly.

20724C5B-43BB-4007-8568-CCE8CB43B409.thumb.jpeg.e3c0bb7cd380a722b5d9f92d7c8c4bce.jpeg

1B1BCD72-0FE9-42B0-89F3-A85AF2562E10.thumb.jpeg.7017335cc0b694cc7fea5478d3500fe1.jpeg

Edited by SaltyGreek
Added photos
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, frankS said:

Well done. That is an excellent EP well above average size pretty good PB for your first .

Think it might be a while till you top that one.

Frank

Thank you…..yeah I was wondering what the average size for them around the Georges was but like you said it will probably be a while and lots of smaller fish between this fish and my next PB

2 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

That's a very nice sized EP there, great job.

Nice to hear you released it too.

It is closed season for them after all so I had to legally release it anyways but I’ve heard they taste pretty good too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaltyGreek said:

It is closed season for them after all so I had to legally release it anyways but I’ve heard they taste pretty good too

Ha, its been that long since I chased them or bass, I totally overlooked the closed season law.

They're nice eating as long as they've come out of clean water.

• Like 1