Final tinny pimping

BigHorse

Well fishraiders, 

My dad and i have finally done it. Over the first week of lockdown we had transformed an old family tinny into a fishing machine. (hopefully.....)

We started off giving it a clean out with our high pressure hose, and removing old stickers. After cleaning we painted the hull with black gloss spray paint. From there we used some marine timber from dads work to find out a perfect floor and carpet to use.  This was all done over 3 days.

The next stage of the build was putting the floor in and building a base for a front casting deck. we also built a little hatch up the front for a torch and the electrics for the front nav lights.

We decided to build a box on the side to hold the battery and the electrics. This also included a dry hatch for marine books, keys, phone and other accessories. After we carpeted this box and put in the electrics we  could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Last friday we had an electrician come to the house to fix up some lights and dad asked him if he could do the marine electrics as he is a mates of dads and turns out he knew a thing or two about it and he did all the electrics for us! 

Basically, we finished this build on friday after a week of building. Thanks you all who helped with ideas from a post before and all who helped with the build.

Here are some pics! Enjoy 

78CBCAC6-3C07-4BBA-BD84-131E2AA2F28D.jpeg

E6D54F75-9205-4FA9-925B-FC79AFE0984C.jpeg

• Like 2

Great job, but I don't like the placement of the Nav lights, they are extremely prone to damage from ( well from anything ) 

approaching piers/loading at ramp etc or even if a mate with another boat comes along side.

They need to be on top of the bow, not where they are.

Frank

• Thanks 1