Replacement SP and lure outfit

seasponge

I just recently lost my spinning outfit overboard (that's another story!), so am now in the market to replace it. The outfit I lost was a Shimano Bream Raider 1-4kg rod with a Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500 reel.

I loved the Shimano Raider rod, and will probably replace it with the same, but keen to hear other suggestions in the ~$100-$150 price range

The Stradic reel was great at first, but got quite noisy and crunchy after not much use. Would love to get another because it was such a nice reel initially, but after having another Shimano reel do similar, I'm keen to try other brands. Keen to hear reel recommendations in the ~$200 range. I'm currently leaning towards the Diawa BG 2500. 

Will be using the setup for bream and flathead fishing with SPs, lures, soft vibes etc. 

Thanks for any recommendations.

Edited by seasponge

Have a look at the Atomic ArrowZ range. Specifically the AAS-270UL. 3 to 10lb line rating and 3 to 14gram lure weight. 7 foot 2 piece.

On special I've heard of them at $100 but usually around the $120 to $130.

6 minutes ago, seasponge said:

Thanks Derek, will check them out.

I still own several Raider rods and loved using them over the years but these are a touch lighter and a real pleasure to use.

Edited by DerekD