2500 setup on budget

slothparade

Im on a pretty tight budget but I want to buy a 2500 size reel with a light rod to match

I want to spend as little as possible so second hand is preffered. I only want to spend about $150 to 170 rod + reel probably the bargin of the year  

Basically I was thinking a battle 2 from ali express because theyre like $100

Then maybe pair it was a taipan 2-4kg 

Any other suggestions? 

Was thinking about a sienna but can't find spare spools. 

If anyone wants to sell a battle 2 or a decent bream rod, send me a message. 

8 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

Shimano catana rods aren't bad for the price about $80 from memory

The shimano nasci are excellent value fir money the daiwa aird aren't bad value either 

yeah I was already tossing up the catana. 

Absolutely love the nasci, would love to get my hands on a ci4, but i just can't justify the price.

Aird hated the colour but could be an option.

Thanks 

If you are on a budget suggest Shimano Sienna Quickfire 7' 2-4kg 2500 Spinning Combo at $99. I've put several people onto these as a starter rod. They are a little heavier than I am using these days but I have been pretty impressed at the bang for buck.

Throw in some backing/leader for $16 and some braid $20 to $32 (Power Pro or Berkley X5 or Shimano Kairiki 8 or Daiwa J braid) and we are still in your budget.

3 minutes ago, DerekD said:

If you are on a budget suggest Shimano Sienna Quickfire 7' 2-4kg 2500 Spinning Combo at $99. I've put several people onto these as a starter rod. They are a little heavier than I am using these days but I have been pretty impressed at the bang for buck.

Throw in some backing/leader for $16 and some braid $20 to $32 (Power Pro or Berkley X5 or Shimano Kairiki 8 or Daiwa J braid) and we are still in your budget.

I found a nasci for $100, catana for $50 and J braid for $16. Super budget LOL

I already looked at the quickfire, I already have a tiapan 1602 or something like that 1 peice, love it. The issue is it have a sienna 4000 which I love to. that quickfire would kind of replace that taipan i guess. 

not sure, will keep that in mind, kinda fell in love with that nasci though 

• Like 1

I recently bought 2 raiders for $60 each in-store, including the 762 bream model which is much loved by many, and the 6101 flathead raider one piece. Though I keep telling myself that I have enough gear, I thought it would have been disrespectful not to take them home, given their quality and the discount. It’s funny how a change of series warrants such a dramatic price drop. I’ve paired them with 2000 and 3000 sedonas respectively, which I already had. Great little outfits.

I think I did see the Arrowz on sale as well, but I was so floored by the price of the Raiders I didn’t pay attention to them.

Now I really have enough outfits, or so I tell myself…

• Like 1