Tr200g - what to do with?

slothparade

Quite a few years ago, I bough a shimano fishquest combo 4-8kg with a tr200g overhead reel, I have ot spooled with 20lbs mono.

I was wondering what should I do with it? Like ive used it 2 times, once for carp just to get a fish on it and one for flathead, ended up with a squid. 

I was thinking about turning into a bottom bashing setup? 

or maybe light jigging?

Light trolling - its made for this? - im only in a kayak tho

maybe just stray lines? 

Or should I just sell it? 

Would I need to respool it? If so what shoudl I put on it?

I really would like to use it as its just sitting gathering dust and now with the kayak, I guess I have a use for it but I really don't know, if I have to slim down my gear for a trip, its all ways the first to go.

Any ideas would be great. 

Unfortunately trying to sell anything these days you might as well hang onto it. You can buy them for $100 new and if you ask 1/2 new price for anything these days you are told it's too dear being second hand and people want it less than 1/3 new prices, so to sell it for $30 you might as well let it gather dust till you find a use for it.

Frank

• Like 2

You could spool it up with some 6kg braid and use it for throwing 100mm plus plastics and jig heads around 10 grams for flathead.

I use a similar weight rod with a 5600 ABU baitcaster for this purpose and and its a good, fun outfit to throw when you're tired of using a spin reel.

As @frankSsaid, you'll get bugger all for it if you decide to sell, so keep it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, frankS said:

Unfortunately trying to sell anything these days you might as well hang onto it. You can buy them for $100 new and if you ask 1/2 new price for anything these days you are told it's too dear being second hand and people want it less than 1/3 new prices, so to sell it for $30 you might as well let it gather dust till you find a use for it.

Frank

Yeah. I have been selling antiques recently, been a pain. I've decided to keep it. Thanks for the advice 

19 hours ago, Hoods said:

I had the same real years ago. It did its job well. Used it outside for bottom bashing and light trolling & in the river for live baiting. it was a great reel for the kids outside. I would keep it. Hoods

Yeah. I'm going to keep it as a stray line or bottom bashing for Jews or snapper or gummys ect. Thanks. It's good because it's portable as well, I don't want to lug my big reels everywhere 

18 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

You could spool it up with some 6kg braid and use it for throwing 100mm plus plastics and jig heads around 10 grams for flathead.

I use a similar weight rod with a 5600 ABU baitcaster for this purpose and and its a good, fun outfit to throw when you're tired of using a spin reel.

As @frankSsaid, you'll get bugger all for it if you decide to sell, so keep it.

Lmao, yeah, I could try it. Might troll with it though, I have 2 bait casters exactly for what you mentioned. Thanks for responding 

• Like 1