Merimbula

sjmart

Had a week down the south coast at Merimbula/Pambula.

Unfortunately not even a bit off the beach!! Went to Haycock beach (between Pambula and Eden) and again not even a bite!!

Fished Pambula lake and hooked a few Reds (bream) only one that was over the limit but not worth taking one home.

Oh the sport of fishing some days you get them and other days you don't. :05:

At least there was plenty of beer to be had!! :beersmile:

strange.

I was there during the christmas period for a week.

Went to Haycock/tathra beach around 7-9am and I was pulling in huge salmons with pillies and later on with 70 gram lures when the school was going around.

Particularly the morning you could see the whole 2-300 metre radius go black with school of salmon!

Haycock was very productive towards the left hand side of the beach from 12pm on wards till 7pm or so...

Had a week down the south coast at Merimbula/Pambula.

Unfortunately not even a bit off the beach!! Went to Haycock beach (between Pambula and Eden) and again not even a bite!!

Fished Pambula lake and hooked a few Reds (bream) only one that was over the limit but not worth taking one home.

Oh the sport of fishing some days you get them and other days you don't. :05:

At least there was plenty of beer to be had!! :beersmile:

Gianniz

Being the surf fishing noivce that i am and not really knowing the local area all that well, i fished from Middle beach (nera Pambula beach) for the majority of the week then found out about Haycock and only got to fish there on the last day, tried bait and then turned to my 45g lure, it was a tough gig trying to get it out. then it started raining :1badmood:

Got a few small flatheads at Middle beach but nothing worth taking. :thumbdown:

It makes me want to cry hearing you pulled some salmon on lures, as i was told "lure's never work off the beach" :(

Good to hear that you had a good time!!

:1fishing1:

• 2 weeks later...

trust me when you see the size of the school that came in you can brickwall and it will chase :)

i was first using my trusty 12footer, then changed to smaller 8footer graphite rod and man i had some fun, pulling salmon after salmon..

oh just incase i didn't tell you, there were some of the biggest salmons i have seem probably around 4-5kg mark, most of them either had eggs or white stuff that came out :)

Haycock go towards the left hand side and fish from there... from my experience, these schools travel up and down the beach so you get a bite every 15-20minutes where every single rods go off at once, then nothing for another 15 minutes or so :)

Gianniz

Being the surf fishing noivce that i am and not really knowing the local area all that well, i fished from Middle beach (nera Pambula beach) for the majority of the week then found out about Haycock and only got to fish there on the last day, tried bait and then turned to my 45g lure, it was a tough gig trying to get it out. then it started raining :1badmood:

Got a few small flatheads at Middle beach but nothing worth taking. :thumbdown:

It makes me want to cry hearing you pulled some salmon on lures, as i was told "lure's never work off the beach" :(

Good to hear that you had a good time!!

:1fishing1: