Kingfish around North and South head ATM?

anthman

Hi all, after many months of not fishing on the boat, im finally taking it out tomorrow!

I have a new downrigger that I'm dieing to try out and a freezer full of squid heads from April earlier this year. 

Ive heard there are some big kings around North head and South head, but particularly the artificial and the colours around South head - is this the case?

Looking to try downrigging for a legal king - looking for any advice for the current hotspots to try at the moment but particularly around South head (Goto baits, depths, terrain and signs to look for on the sounder, how long you downrig for).

My current plan is to downrig around South head, the Bommie, around 100m from the shoreline, around the artificial reef (not over), and if all else fails - following the shoreline of North head from the inside, the corner, then on outside. Depth of about 5-10m off the bottom, squid head halves with dangly bits.

Thanks all - would absolutely make the bucket list to catch a 1m kingie, but I guess there is a reason why it's on most Sydney fisho's bucket lists...

3 hours ago, anthman said:

Hi all, after many months of not fishing on the boat, im finally taking it out tomorrow!

I have a new downrigger that I'm dieing to try out and a freezer full of squid heads from April earlier this year. 

Ive heard there are some big kings around North head and South head, but particularly the artificial and the colours around South head - is this the case?

Looking to try downrigging for a legal king - looking for any advice for the current hotspots to try at the moment but particularly around South head (Goto baits, depths, terrain and signs to look for on the sounder, how long you downrig for).

My current plan is to downrig around South head, the Bommie, around 100m from the shoreline, around the artificial reef (not over), and if all else fails - following the shoreline of North head from the inside, the corner, then on outside. Depth of about 5-10m off the bottom, squid head halves with dangly bits.

Thanks all - would absolutely make the bucket list to catch a 1m kingie, but I guess there is a reason why it's on most Sydney fisho's bucket lists...

Check out Pickles recent posts he has put up. Pretty sure he has given some location and "how to" tips in the past week. Good luck, bn

• Thanks 1