First slow trolled King.

Rummers

G’day Guys, 

Decided to go for a hunt of some kingfish this morning. Hit the water nice and early and got some live bait around cabbage tree island - they were hard work and all relatively small and skinny (that 10-12cm). Anyway I put 10 in the tank and headed around little island, did 2 passes around the bommie on the south west side for nothing so decided to go try around Fingal Island. 

First run past some white water and both my rods started peeling line at the same time so I drove out to some deeper water and started the fight. Sure did get the heart racing. 
landed both fish and was stoked to see they were both kings - although undersized. 

released them to fight another day.

Found a big patch of bait so decided to see if I could upgrade some livies - which I did - all between 20-35cm yakkas and slimies. 

put the bigger baits on and had a troll around fingal/shark island and then back at tomaree for nothing. 

all in all I’m happy with my day out - thanks Scratchie for letting me bounce ideas off of you and hopefully I can find the bigger models soon. 

cheers

Rummers

A7E88B7C-C493-4D19-9CFF-56A87F144914.jpeg

• Like 5