Reflecting back on funny things.

Fab1

I was just thinking years ago when I was young,weighed about 80kg less,had hair and original knees and teeth I had a girlfriend that was an absolute stunner to look at.

Any way we were out fishing in a hire boat when the heavens opened up and it started bucketing.

The fish(even the small ones) went off the bite when me being a smart arse turned around to her and said.....There's lots of underwater caves around here, I reckon the fish have gone into them so they don't get wet.To my amazement she said...probably,hopefully when it stops raining they will come back out.🙄

A few minutes had gone past(Probably 5min or so) when she turns around to me and says....But I can see the sand on the bottom when I look over the side and quickly reply with....The caves are under the sand and she says...oh with a dumb look on her face.😂😂

This happened in Windang for those that don't know.The lake is only a few meters deep at it's deepest.

I'm still in stiches now thinking about it.

She was a great girl but you could tell her anything and she would believe it.

I often wonder how the poor thing is going.

We enjoyed some great laughs together.

Feel free to share funny stories.

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gees, got thousands of stories, from work, fishing and just general day to day. Something that stands out as funny now (but not then) my offsider and myself had a job to run multiple cables in the ceiling of the old Port Kembla bowling club (before it was pulled down) anyway, I got the brilliant idea to thread the rolls of cable on a broom handle, then we could hold either end and run multiple cables at once. We were stepping, hunched over on the beams when my mate slipped, fell through the false ceiling and landed on his back (almost like a stuntman) on a table below, 4 "White Leghorns" (lady bowlers, as they were called) were sitting there, smashed the table flat, scared the bejesus out of them (and me). The club manager came over, apologised to the ladies, gave them a free drink and asked to see us "outside" we both near got sacked over that.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

A boating story....a long time ago when I had a Seafarer Viking and used to fish the Banks all the time. My home made bait tank was a drum held in with an "occy" strap, and a water pickup for when we were under way. We got bait at the Lighthouse at the entrance to the Shoalhaven River like normal and set off for the Banks, about half way out, the boat started to get a bit "sluggish" but was pressed on, then my feet started to get wet, I looked around and the hose had come off and water was just pumping in at high speed, the fuel tank and everything was floating, when I eased off all the water rushed to the front, leaving us in deep water, floating fuel tank, live bait swimming in the boat, battery box submerged, about  half an hour with a bucket had us safe again, bait tank fixed, bait back in the tank and in our way.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, noelm said:

A boating story....a long time ago when I had a Seafarer Viking and used to fish the Banks all the time. My home made bait tank was a drum held in with an "occy" strap, and a water pickup for when we were under way. We got bait at the Lighthouse at the entrance to the Shoalhaven River like normal and set off for the Banks, about half way out, the boat started to get a bit "sluggish" but was pressed on, then my feet started to get wet, I looked around and the hose had come off and water was just pumping in at high speed, the fuel tank and everything was floating, when I eased off all the water rushed to the front, leaving us in deep water, floating fuel tank, live bait swimming in the boat, battery box submerged, about  half an hour with a bucket had us safe again, bait tank fixed, bait back in the tank and in our way.

I had a scare not that long ago.We had stopped for a night fish at lilli pilli and when it was time to head back to the ramp I'm scooting along and am thinking I'm getting spray on my shin and I could feel the boat getting really sluggish/heavy.

I look down at my feet and see water covering the floor about 2 inches deep.

I think shit and hit the bilge pump and just make it back to the ramp in time.Get the boat out and drain the bungs.

What I later found out was the Mrs had snapped of the anchor drains skin fitting when she put her crap under the bow and when I got up on plane the water spray was pissing in filling the boat up with water.

• Like 2