My Boat is SINKING

campr

Due to Covid, health issues and this damn rainy weather I haven't been fishing for a few months.  Started getting gear and boat (5.6metre Quintrex) ready and started the motor a few times.  Thought everything was going well when I noticed what I  thought was a flat tyre, which on inspection turned out to be that my trailer was sinking into the mud that used to be my lawn.  This is strange given that I had sunk a besser block at ground level to park on.  Over the next few days it seamed to be sinking faster and you can see in photos that it is nearly down to springs.  Waiting for break in the weather when I plan to put jack on planks and lift trailer up out of mud.  I am thinking of backfilling with blue metal with the Besser block on top of this.  I could just hook up my Colorado in 4x4 and pulling it out but I would probably just make a mess of my lawn.  Other suggestions?   Ron 

Apologies,   couldn,t load photo will try again

Plenty of options mate.Pour a slab,lay paving,a few sheets of plywood,steel plates under the wheels,Timber sleepers,the list goes on and on depending on what you want.

What you want is something with plenty of surface area to take the weight and spread the load to minimise prevent sinking.

If it's your own home id do something temporary then go the slab route.

Boats,caravans,cars etc on lawns is a mugs game as you're finding out.

Good luck.

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 1

If you have room at the back of the boat, roll the boat off the trailer onto the grass or onto a tyre , this will greatly lighten the load on the trailer and make it easier to roll out of the bog.

Other than that borrow a high life 4X4 jack off someone and lift side of trailer till you can place something under the wheels repeat on other side.

Firstly drain all water from boat IF any.

Frank