Trolling Fresh Squid

Gibbofisho

G'day guy's, i quite often hear about people cathcing kings trolling around fresh squid, i was just wondering how this is done, in terms of rigs, ie, do you just use a weighted running rig in order to troll at depth (i don't have a down-rigger) and do you use the whole squid or just strips of the hood?

G'day guy's, i quite often hear about people cathcing kings trolling around fresh squid, i was just wondering how this is done, in terms of rigs, ie, do you just use a weighted running rig in order to troll at depth (i don't have a down-rigger) and do you use the whole squid or just strips of the hood?

i have just started doing this from my boat too.,use a 2 hook rig, one through the top of the head and one through the bottom of the cape, use a sinker size relevent to the depth you are fishing.

The stinger can in fact be the main hook (first hook) and the other hook is tied in place using a snell knot.

Eg tie the end of your trace to the treble hook, then feed the eye of the second hook through the other end of the trace, measure the length you want your stinger hook (the treble) to be from the other hook (the second hook that will be fixed through the squids hood). Then wrap the trace around the shank of the second hook 5 or 6 times and then feed the trace back through the eye of that second hook and tighten it up.

Hope it makes sense

Cheers

Martin

don't you worry mate, there will be pics, i alway's troll a metal slice around the hacking, usually get a salmon and taier, i'm on a party pontoon for my birthday, and these thing put along at ideal trolling speed, a birthday kingy would do nice, the sheilas alway's have cameras!