Favorite Lure/sp's For Catching Bass?

mick309

I have only just started to get into bassin', but so far I have caught the majority of my bass on Jackall Brothers TN60's - not cheap, but very effective, and very popular with bass fishos. Kokoda have just released a cheap copy called the G-Vibe which I'm sure would work too, plus there are plenty of other lipless crankbaits around - Cultiva Mirashads, River 2 Sea glassy vibes, Team Daiwa Pros (a good alternative to Jackalls and a bit cheaper), Shimano Ocea vibes etc. Spinnerbaits have worked for me too, again Kokoda have a wide range. The types of lures you throw depends on what sort of gear you are using - are you going to use spin or baitcasting gear?

Heres a 38cm job taken on a Jackall TN60 in Ayu colour recently:

post-91-1136967521_thumb.jpg

betts spin, size and weight dependant on conditions,from 2" to 4" curl tail grub

attack minnow

RMG scorpion/sneaky scorpion

river2sea bubblepop or buggipop

kokoda buggachug

3" Bass Minnow

1/8 to 1/2oz spinnerbaits

killalure packrat

Edited by the_lure

I am almost certain it was on a small green soft rubber floppy but I was also using a sheakespear silver lttle S and a burke little dig as well.

Still have the little S and the floppies but lost the little dig.

Cheers

Trev

I know it was 12:47 am when I wrote the above message but when I read it later today it made no sense at all :wacko::wacko:

Then I realised I was answering a post on the site linked by NickS....

Any way back to the original question asked by mick..

Most of my bass fishing is done on fly now using surface flies or muddler minnow variations.

For lures I still use small hard floppy in green, but that is no help as you can't get them. I also use Arbogast hula popper black, Heddon crazy crawler yellow and heddon tiny tad black. I use a big O by cordell and also a chugga bug by I think kokoda.

I also make my own lures from wood and foam.

Cheers

Trev

Edited by trev

I have only just started to get into bassin', but so far I have caught the majority of my bass on Jackall Brothers TN60's - not cheap, but very effective, and very popular with bass fishos. Kokoda have just released a cheap copy called the G-Vibe which I'm sure would work too, plus there are plenty of other lipless crankbaits around - Cultiva Mirashads, River 2 Sea glassy vibes, Team Daiwa Pros (a good alternative to Jackalls and a bit cheaper), Shimano Ocea vibes etc. Spinnerbaits have worked for me too, again Kokoda have a wide range. The types of lures you throw depends on what sort of gear you are using - are you going to use spin or baitcasting gear?

Heres a 38cm job taken on a Jackall TN60 in Ayu colour recently:

post-91-1136967521_thumb.jpg

I have both a baitcaster and a 2000 series shimano spinning reel, what do you reccomend i use?

my fav lure for bass fishing in the nepean river are mostly surface lures as the first bass i ever catch was on a surface lure called the chugger bug. for other places i like to use deep diving lures and spinner baits :1fishing1:

Edited by slayer666