Thanks again Mr D

nutsaboutfishing

Hi Richard. Always a very pleasant experience listening to Derek's words of wisdom. A recent lesson which I had with him resembled a scene from Hamlet...and that was about using a bent minnow. Must have worked 'cos I caught a Garfish with one cast/retrieve. Thanks Derek. Seriously they are fantastic lures, if used correctly. bn

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Hi Richard. Always a very pleasant experience listening to Derek's words of wisdom. A recent lesson which I had with him resembled a scene from Hamlet...and that was about using a bent minnow. Must have worked 'cos I caught a Garfish with one cast/retrieve. Thanks Derek. Seriously they are fantastic lures, if used correctly. bn

Garfish on lures! Maybe one day it might become a thing 🤣

Have you had much success on them in the fresh, Neil?

15 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Garfish on lures! Maybe one day it might become a thing 🤣

Have you had much success on them in the fresh, Neil?

I haven't been able to fish with them (or any other lures) since coming back from Sydney. I would really like to try them out in Sydney when the weather warms up. Probably will do this Summer when I catch up with Derek again. bn

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

It like to thank DerekD for once again giving me a lesson in a new area I hadn’t really tried before.
Shore based lures, targeting Kingfish. As usual he was full of great advice and tips.

Thanks Derek 

cheers

Richard 

Hi Richard,

I enjoyed catching up with you over the weekend. Hopefully all the tips made sense and give you something to practice until the big schools of pelagics turn up again.

So after using some of my gear is there any more on your shopping list in the foreseeable future?

Regards,

Derek

• Like 1
  • Haha 1