Soft Plastic Moulds

AlbertW

Hey Raiders,

Does anyone have any experience in making soft plastics with moulds? I know there are the two types of injection and pour moulds but haven't really found any suitable designs on the websites I've been on. I'm just looking for any website recommendations or tips on how to start making soft plastics as I'm tired of having to throw out soft plastics that are no longer usable because a flatty took a bit out of the tail. I'm looking to make the most basic lures like paddletails and grubs.

Cheers,

Albert

There’s a couple of very thorough articles on it that are exactly what you’re looking for.

These are just a few I looked up almost instantly by typing "moulds" into the search function at the top. right corner of the page. If you do the same, you'll find other good info as well.

Edited by Green Hornet
  • Like 2

Look up Marling Baits on YouTube. Some of his lure videos involve making molds for soft plastics which he pours himself.

Some really cool lure making videos on his channel too.

Edited by lastworm

1 hour ago, lastworm said:

Look up Marling Baits on YouTube. Some of his lire videos involve making molds for soft plastics which he pours himself.

Some really cool lure making videos on his channel too.

Yeah i've been watching him for a couple years now that's how I developed an interest to try and make lures, he sells soft plastic moulds online but they're a bit pricey and the lures are more "american" based because the lures are meant for bass, thanks anyway