Diggers Camp and Boorkoom

Subtropic

My wifes family had a house at Diggers and I fished mostly from small boats launched from the beach before NP closed the road.  Locals knew Bookram as Rocky Bay and father in law said was good for snapper and jew.  The headland was good for tailor and jew.  I had some success for jew and whiting from the beach that ran to Minni Waters.  Ron 

13 hours ago, campr said:

My wifes family had a house at Diggers and I fished mostly from small boats launched from the beach before NP closed the road.  Locals knew Bookram as Rocky Bay and father in law said was good for snapper and jew.  The headland was good for tailor and jew.  I had some success for jew and whiting from the beach that ran to Minni Waters.  Ron 

G’Day Ron

Which road are you talking about? You can still drive to Diggers and Boorkoom. Are you referring to the old beach access to Wilson’s? Thanks for your reply

Regards

Grant

Not to Wilsons.  There was a dirt and gravel road on the southern end of the Diggers day picnic area that went almost straight down to the beach where we launched the boat inside the reef on sth side of diggers beach.  We took the boat down using an old kero tractor.  At bottom of road a few meters south there is a fresh water spring where the father in law and I extended the spring with a rubber pipe hung from a tree so that swimmers could shower off on way home.  There was always plenty of beach worms and pippies on all these beaches.  Great memories.   Ron 

12 hours ago, campr said:

Not to Wilsons.  There was a dirt and gravel road on the southern end of the Diggers day picnic area that went almost straight down to the beach where we launched the boat inside the reef on sth side of diggers beach.  We took the boat down using an old kero tractor.  At bottom of road a few meters south there is a fresh water spring where the father in law and I extended the spring with a rubber pipe hung from a tree so that swimmers could shower off on way home.  There was always plenty of beach worms and pippies on all these beaches.  Great memories.   Ron 

Ok that road and the camping area at Diggers is Clarence Valley Council not NPs. They look after Boorkoom. I know the spring your talking about it’s still there!

Regards 

Grant