ID This old(ish) surf rod

SquidMarks

Just trying to ID an old surf rod that was picked up from a kerbside pickup. 

Its an old beachcomber rod by force ten, length is 3.8m (im guessing the 144 designation as with the old Snyder rods). 

Apart from the name, there's no other details (and its in decent nick so I don't want to dismantle grips to try and find the bank details). 

Just wondering if anyone wanted to take a stab at guessing the rating/maker.

Thanks.

20220908_215459.jpg

20220908_215527.jpg

I have bought a bit of Force gear from Ganzel when they were in Moorebank about 35 years ago, still got a lot of it, I particularly liked their 7' black barra rods. Unfortunately the 2 I had were stolen along with about $8000 worth of gear.

Frank

• Like 1

I kind of figured that 'force ten' is not exactly the ducks nuts of brands, I'm more hoping that the old rods were made to a better standard with a (hopefully) Aussie rod blank. 

Here are some more photos (by the way, it feels like a 6 wrap to me when compared to the Snyder 4144,6144 and 9144). 

20220910_111038.jpg

4 hours ago, frankS said:

I have bought a bit of Force gear from Ganzel when they were in Moorebank about 35 years ago, still got a lot of it, I particularly liked their 7' black barra rods. Unfortunately the 2 I had were stolen along with about $8000 worth of gear.

Frank

I used to purchase crab traps off them many years ago also.

Apparently Gansel is now located in Ingleburn. not sure if they are open to the public. Very affordable prices if you arent into big name brands