Anyone had a BFG boat before?

Juzzbott

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has any experience with BFG boats at all, and can comment about how they are to ride in and at rest fishing? Looking at a 91 BFG Sea Imp 5.1 meter, with purpose to fish and leisure in Port Phillip and Western Port Bays, as well as some light offshore fishing with fair weather? 

It's a Cuddy/Half cab model with a 1991 Yamaha 115 V4 Saltwater motor (which is 2 stroke I believe). I'm looking to inspect the hull, floor and transom for soft/rot before going further, given the age. 

If anyone who is familiar with this make/hull if you vould let me know if it's suitable for what I'm looking to use it for, or other things to watch out for, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Justin

Don't know the boat, but a 30 year old two stroke might be an issue! Being a Yamaha, take it for a decent run over 4,000RPM to make sure the cooling passages are not partially blocked, it's a very common "feature" other than that, check for rot, signs of patched repairs and stuff like that. Look for a decent trailer, not something suitable for a smaller boat, look for rust painted over.

• Like 1