Kings A Plenty

kevvie

Hi all, havnt posted a report for a while cause i was away from my computer fishing.... lucky me. :1prop:

I went away to the south coast for a couple weeks chasing all manner of species on plastics but there is too much to report here in this post :yahoo: and a little out of date as well.

On the weekend though i went to the harbour to chase the elusive king...started at 5am chasin squid which only produced one cuttlefish even after the infamous craig macgill stated that squid were everywhere in the harbour atm. We resorted to live yakkas for bait and decided to head outside for a quick look to see if bait were being herded to the surface..no luck there the birds were nowhere in sight :thumbdown:

seing as though we where outside we decided to troll the rocks back in and accounted for, now get this this, two mamoth sgt bakers on deep diving smilin jacks in white with a red head... i couldnt believe it... i guess our lures were running a bit deep ah :074::074:

Once back in we decided to try the west wedding cake and from the looks of it a wedding must have been in progress...the guests were lining up for a feed and and it was standing room only. Apparently a school of kings had come through half hour earlier and we just missed it...damn sgt bakers wasted our time and missed the school. We saw a few boats hook up but we were too far from the action for our liking. A move was in order. :mad3:

We tryed another marker bouy that only had four boats around it at the time. From the moment the pick was dropped we were on... first king in the boat 68cm. Then a few minutes later double hook up.....yoooohooo. One took me to the cleaners on 4kg tackle and the other was landed and was the biggest for the day at around 80cm. Next was the biggest sambo that i have seen around the 4kg mark.

We ran out of livies and had to give up our spot....upon return some geiser must have alerted everyone on the radio and the hordes of poachers moved in. It seemed the school was still around and everone was havin fun. The livies were being ignored now and we resorted to packet squid which fired up our drags again. These were a smaller class of fish but who cares. The scorching runs soon had the size of em a distant memory. :thumbup:

In the end we kept four kings, released as many got busted up by as many and overall had what i would call a brilliant day...

think i'm gonna be back this weekend? Does a bear shit in the woods?