Fishing Lower Portland

Hads

First time posting but have enjoyed reading quite a few post in the past and learning lots. Thanks!

We wanted to chase Kingies with Pickles and my son but due to the weather prediction headed to Lower Portland for a bass session.

With a total count of 62 hook ups and approx 55 landed we were kept busy from 6am to 9:30am.

One flathead was also landed.

All caught on deep diving lures trolling.

It’s was my sons first session on bass and he loved it. 

D87FD19F-D4AF-4038-A050-6A35D52F9D14.jpeg

9E840E4E-049C-4C98-AA40-E2FCFD367DD2.jpeg

• Like 14

The bass must have had a few good years as they seem to be in great numbers this year. My daughter released 46 yesterday over a 6hr paddle in her yak. The fish seemed to be mixed in size, where normally large fish would group with the large and small the same but yesterday would see fish of all sizes grouped in some very unlikely looking spots. South coast NSW.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JonD said:

The bass must have had a few good years as they seem to be in great numbers this year. My daughter released 46 yesterday over a 6hr paddle in her yak. The fish seemed to be mixed in size, where normally large fish would group with the large and small the same but yesterday would see fish of all sizes grouped in some very unlikely looking spots. South coast NSW.

Finding the Same Jon, great to see the Bass in big numbers and some tiny ones also, typically, some of the fish were so tiny, some were nearly the same time as the lures we were using.& then others in the 40cm range.

• Like 2