Seeking some tips for Port Stephens, Coffs and Port Mac!

ATGNI

Hi all, hope everyone is well, first post so I’d like to say I love what the forum is about and as a relatively new fisho I’ve tried to soak up a lot of handy info that is on the website.. it’s a great resource.

The girlfriend and I are going on a trip with a few stops, of course the rods will be coming with us so I thought I would make a post and see if anyone has any advice for spots to try, tackle shops  they’d recommend in the areas mentioned (already planning to head to Port Stephens Bait N Tackle so that one is covered off) or just any tips and tricks they’d like to share. 

We have a few setups, we fish landbased so whatever can be recommended for that. I started fishing almost a year ago and fluked a rat kingy in my first few weeks of fishing (I actually had no idea what it was even after landing it, a nearby angler was nice enough to let me know!) but it would be great if I could get onto another one for my one year fishversary.

Thanks all!!!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum ATGNI, glad you're enjoying the resources. In general each of the places you mention have river/estuary saltwater fishing as well as beach fishing, so you won't be starved of fishing opportunities while you are there. Bait fishing or soft plastics should produce some action for you.

There are several Fishraiders in those locations so hopefully you will get some specific replies from them about their particular locations.

Good luck with your future fishing endeavours (both of you). Don't forget to post your results and photos as you move around. Good luck. bn

• Like 1