Acanthuriforme Avicennia Marina

Madkanu

I met up this morning with @DerekDand @Bennyg78 for a bit of a Pittwater orientation session. Beautiful morning for it!

CECC39CF-7C0F-4656-A58B-81FCF9CA1E7B.jpeg.8c32326283e8c2c290ed188bdde0c44f.jpeg

@Bennyg78and I got there a bit early and got started around daybreak fishing the shoreline around the Bayview Sailing Club.  Unfortunately I didn’t exactly crown myself in glory as when @DerekDarrived I was climbing through a mangrove having been a bit too aggressive in my search for structure. My bent minnow lure now lives amongst the top branches of a lovely mangrove tree (Avicenna Marina?)

Pride wounded and tackle box lighter, we set out working our way up the shoreline to Church Point and I got a great orientation on the sand flats, weedbeds and drop-offs in the area. 

5DDC0DD9-23BD-43FB-8576-6500E8208BA4.jpeg.4fcc1381b1197401c03bafae8f9607dc.jpeg

High tide wasn’t ideal for the areas we were fishing but we still managed enough strikes to keep things interesting and @Bennyg78 landed a few little ones (whiting and bream).  

Thanks gents for a fun morning and giving me a bit of a tour of my local. Very much appreciated !

54F9F96A-7895-4705-8398-DDFD30DE3BA3.jpeg.d95890a7094207fc31a4acd291e48b09.jpeg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Did you catch any fish?  :fish_h4h:

Not a lot but then I wasn't expecting to and as strange as it sounds that wasn't really the goal of the session.

Both @Madkanu and @Bennyg78 were on a bit of a time limit.

It was also a super high tide when we got there and I don't like fishing Pittwater on those sort of tides without a water vessel of some kind.

My primary goal was to introduce Rob to Ben as they are more into the kayaking than I am at the moment and to teach Rob a bit more about his backyard and how I would fish it normally. We discussed the weed patches, the drop offs where I would go and on what tides. I also want to take him yabby pumping but on the low tide when he has some time.

The session was more in the line of research and education and any fish would have been a bonus. Also the location gave me the chance to pop into one of my favourite fishing shops.

• Like 1