Here we go again

Heads up for everyone-there is a move being pushed by Northern Beaches councils to create a "marine sanctuary" around Bongin and Mona Vale-check the Stop The Lockout faceache page and get writing everyone-as i point out to everyone-the Labor party thinks we are a pain because theyve lost the working class roots they had and would rather align with the grreens and the wealthy surfing types dont want the great unwashed fishing on their doorstep-DONT LEAVE THIS FOR SOMEONE ELSE to do.

• Like 5

Alex Bellisimo posted his opinion on this a little while ago- he made some good points on things like access for older, physically challenged and beginners having a fairly safe easy to get to spot. Luderick fishers should also note possibly no more collecting weed on the platform- Mona Vale weed has always been a highly regarded bait throughout Sydney.

'Proof' for any sanctuary needs to be demonstrated, as to what environmental benefits can be accomplished (if any at all) Seems like a bit of a status proposal in my opinion.

• Like 3

From what I have heard is it is dead in the water , the council can’t implement marine sanctuary zones only the DPI can and they don’t want a bar of it . Also there have been reports of anglers cars being vandalised- the quicker these jokers are prosecuted the better ! The idiots that are proposing this are iirc a local swimming group who just happen to have a few council members in their group - these people should be immediately ejected from council as far as I’m concerned .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Renegade460 said:

This pops up every few years and never gets off the ground. Just a few greenies banging their chests, with no basis or merit for their desired outcome.

Unfortunately the anti fishos will never stop-which is why we have to be awake to this stuff AND get off our behinds and respond

• Like 4

It was on every  FB feed I look at and shared a lot so the network is there  it is just a matter of making sure that when the need arises we all stick together and make our voices heard .

Edited by XD351
  • Like 4

One concern I have is if the DPI use the council’s recommendations to green light another marine park in the future ,for the moment it won’t happen but when you have a lot of under the table deals being done with the Greens and AJP to get bills passed through parliament we must never rest on our laurels. I might be crazy or looking through rose coloured glasses but as I see it fishos ( both rec and commercial) ,the dive industry , surfers and boaties all have a vested interest in the waters around Australia so wouldn’t it be in all of our best interests to form an alliance? Now that would be a force to be reckoned with ! 

• Like 1