MinnKota

cassar82

Hi all I've got a quintrex 470 coastrunner 2008  model and was thinking of putting a  riptide terrova  I-pilot  12v 54inch 55lb motor would this be suitable for my size boat it's going to be used off shore inshore freshwater and everything in between. Here's a pic of my boat 

20230215_120252.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, onearmedfisho said:

Hi mate i sell both Minn Kota and motorguides. For your boat you would want a 60" shaft especially if fishing offshore

Is that because of the swell or chop ? 
I’m considering a new Minn Kota for my polycraft 410 challenger ( similar to a quintrex hornet) as my 20yr old unit doesn’t have spot lock , any thoughts ?

2 hours ago, XD351 said:

Is that because of the swell or chop ? 
I’m considering a new Minn Kota for my polycraft 410 challenger ( similar to a quintrex hornet) as my 20yr old unit doesn’t have spot lock , any thoughts ?

Yes mate i had an 80-60" on my old boat and if out in a bit of swell and i was solo fishing from the back of the boat even with the 60" shaft the prop would start to cavitate. I put an 80-72" on my current boat for that reason. For your 410 Polycraft the 54" would be fine but for the 470 above a 12v 55lb would just do the job but for a little more money (not a lot) the 60" shaft would be a must especially for fishing offshore. Problem may be his windscreen though...

Edited by onearmedfisho
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 1:36 PM, onearmedfisho said:

Hi mate i sell both Minn Kota and motorguides. For your boat you would want a 60" shaft especially if fishing offshore

Hey mate,
Do you have any motorguides 80lb 72" in stock? Shoot me a msg

• Like 1