Snapper Grounds Offshore Swansea

Guinness

G'Day Raiders,

I have recently moved to Lake Macquarie and have just started taking my 5M Seafarer Vamp offshore out of Swansea. The boat is a solid centre console rig and gets around nicely offshore. Last weekend I shot down to Catherine Hill Bay, and also sounded some reef area in about 30 metres off the Caves Beach break wall. I haven't hooked up on a reddie as yet and wanted to know if anyone could give me any tips such as best depths in certain areas. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

There is no secret depth, look for areas where sand/rubble meets reef, especially a drop off, don’t necessarily look for “stuff” on the sounder, look for structure. As a general rule (very general) deeper areas in the middle of the day, shallower early morning, late afternoon.

Swansea is a desert compared to port stephens  there are reefs in 30 mtrs  further south off wybung and out from bird island  sharkfin produces fish sometimes   the last few years i havnt bothered with local and head to broughton island  more consistent fishing up there