Auckland day 2

AlbertW

Hey all,

Was planning on going for trout today but my mum didn’t sleep well and was still awake at 4 in the morning. So at 8am I picked up my plastics and went off to try some new spots. The morning ended with 2 kahwai ( Aussie salmon) being caught, I had to leave to get some more gulps as the kahwai, even though only around 30-40 cm would swallow the entire plastics along with my jighead.  Due to that another trip to the tackle store was in order and boy had I just realised how pricey stuff was. It was 14 NZD just for a packet of gulps and jigheads were also 13 NZD. Anyways, I picked out another pack of 4 inch nemesis curl tails and back to the spot I went. Another two kahwai were landed and that was that. I’m currently at a wine yard with my parents having some wine tasting whilst I’m sipping on some blueberry tea. Hopefully I’ll have some time to fish when I get back as well. Unfortunately no photos as the salmon were flopping all over the mud and I prioritised getting them back into the water as some of them were bleeding 

thanks for reading

Albert

• Like 8

3 hours ago, AlbertW said:

Hey all,

Was planning on going for trout today but my mum didn’t sleep well and was still awake at 4 in the morning. So at 8am I picked up my plastics and went off to try some new spots. The morning ended with 2 kahwai ( Aussie salmon) being caught, I had to leave to get some more gulps as the kahwai, even though only around 30-40 cm would swallow the entire plastics along with my jighead.  Due to that another trip to the tackle store was in order and boy had I just realised how pricey stuff was. It was 14 NZD just for a packet of gulps and jigheads were also 13 NZD. Anyways, I picked out another pack of 4 inch nemesis curl tails and back to the spot I went. Another two kahwai were landed and that was that. I’m currently at a wine yard with my parents having some wine tasting whilst I’m sipping on some blueberry tea. Hopefully I’ll have some time to fish when I get back as well. Unfortunately no photos as the salmon were flopping all over the mud and I prioritised getting them back into the water as some of them were bleeding 

thanks for reading

Albert

Hey everyone, just got back to the hotel and am finished for today, ended up with 6 kahwai and a snapper which is pretty amazing for me. All of them except for one kahwai were caught on the gulp nemesis but now I’m all out again :ranting2:. Thanks for reading,

Albert

Auckland snapper.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Dude your killing it, how good is NZ. Hope  you got to try some NZ wine. Your reports are awesome Albert, a true fish can adapt anywhere in the world and that's what you are. Stand tall brother and keep them reports coming. 🤟🐟

Cheers bro, I’m still only 15 so no wine for me haha, however I really enjoyed the blueberry white tea which was an import from the US. I’m on my way to some trout in the waihou river and hopefully 🤞🤞🤞will be back with a report.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AlbertW said:

Cheers bro, I’m still only 15 so no wine for me haha, however I really enjoyed the blueberry white tea which was an import from the US. I’m on my way to some trout in the waihou river and hopefully 🤞🤞🤞will be back with a report.

Waiting with baited (or lured?) breath!

Well done on getting into the local Auckland fish. I was in Auckland for work a while back and I'm mad at myself for not taking my rod.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the situation is looking grim, I’m getting rained out and the wind is howling, there were no signs of trout at the entrance of the river so now I’m headed off to get something warm to eat and maybe fish one of the Rotorua lakes, @Volitan any suggestions?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, AlbertW said:

Unfortunately the situation is looking grim, I’m getting rained out and the wind is howling, there were no signs of trout at the entrance of the river so now I’m headed off to get something warm to eat and maybe fish one of the Rotorua lakes, @Volitan any suggestions?

I wish I had some advice to give you but as I said earlier I don’t want to give advice unless I have some recent experience. I haven’t fished in the Rotorua area for years and I’m sure it’s all different now.

good to see you getting the fish in Auckland anyway.

• Thanks 1