End of season league flop

BaitDropper

Well, It's been a long League season, but I'm feeling the need to speak of Aussie Leagues darkest hourĀ šŸ˜

Whether theirĀ  heartsĀ  really weren't in it after a long season or not, it must be said, that was a shocking display on Saturday in the pacific final.

The Kiwi's basically demolished the Kangaroo's, in every facet of the game, they exposed players playing out of position and made a few others look kinda ordinary.

Sure, there were some players missing, Cleary being an obvious one, but in all seriousness, I don't think he would have changed the result.

I'm not sure if there was a reason Reece Walsh wasn't in the squad, I know Latrell also has issues and obviously Cleary, but this result should be a big wake up call to Australian selectors, that if they don't go out with their no1 team, playing against the Kiwi's, chances are there going to end up on the wrong side of the scoreboard.Ā Ā 

It was a big performance turn around from their previous weeks game against the Kiwi's, You would have to put some of that down to McGuires coaching, who I believe will do well with the NSW origin team next year, But as far as the Kangaroo's performance, Well, I'm picking there may well be a changing of the guard next time we see the Green and gold.

In my opinion, the sooner they give Teddy the big thankyou handshake and insert Walsh in the no 1 shirt, the better and they stop rewarding average players with a green and gold shirt and insert them in an unfamiliar position, ie Dylan Eadwards, the better.Ā  Hass was made to look like his first training run of the season and the rest of the pack, in all honesty, got bashed around by a team that plain and simply, turned up to play.

I actually enjoyed the game, but there was enough experience on the field to at least compete with the Kiwis, but I can't single out a single player that could have honestly held their head up in the changing rooms afterwards, after that performance.Ā  Am I being to hard here ???.

Anyways, I guess the kiwi's regarded this tournament, more than what the Kangaroo's did.

On the Kiwi's performance, who I will also add, were also missing a few first choice players, un available, suspended or injured, or changing allegiance, were nothing short of brilliant, with skill and power all over the field, in what I previously mentioned, in a superb performance.Ā 

I think there may well be some fall out from the Kangaroo's performance,Ā  or, have I got it wrong and just judged as a bad day at the office ??Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, noelm said:

Not too sure Walsh is ready for the ā€œbig timeā€ yet, he makes lots of mistakes trying to do stupid things, and is not exactly the best role model off the field either.

Probably agree with you overall, however off the field, well that never stopped them selecting Valentine homes for this match !! butĀ  this years state of origin players showed more balls and effort than what this team did against the Kiwi's, Teddy, never fired a salvo in this game and in all honesty, I would have been happy with someone, ie Walsh, at least having a go, trying something different even if mistakes were made in the process. He's always going to be that type of player, that pushes the boundaries of decision making on the field, which is what wins games. I guess a loss every now and then is probably expected from any team, but this result was horrendous, biggest every loss in history, held to zero, I think there will be ramifications from it.Ā 

I thought hard about individual players afterwards, and in all honesty, probably Haas was one of theĀ  biggest disappointments, touted as the best prop in the game today, he was made to look like a second grader, bullied on the ball and targeted in defense when he was on the field, it was quite alarming how he never fronted up..Ā  Hmmm, always 2024 season to look forward to I guess...

Ā 

Edited by BaitDropper

I guess how it all happened, NZ were ā€œonā€ and Aus were ordinary (all players) so added together it ended in the score it did! Maybe it was a ā€œmindsetā€ thing, Aus thought they were going to win before it started?