Northern Beach Locations

fishn4fun

Im looking at doing a beach stint this wednesday night ive heard whale beach is good, what other northern beaches are good haunts for jewfish, also if someone wants to tag along let me know im more than happy to take someone to keep me company :1fishing1: . I live in the Blacktown area.

Sorry correction not Wednesday Friday night

Edited by fishn4fun

Hey where abouts on narrabeen beach? coz wont people be swimming and stuff? or is there like a section of the beach for fishing?

Ha ha, I wish there was!

You really have to fish before dawn or after sunset, as the surfers will be there all day long in summer,

and my experience shows me if you find a nice gutter with a rip nearby, then the surfers will use this as a short cut out the back, meaning casting fish-scaring shadows over the route to your gutter. You might get lucky though and find a relatively quiet spot, even on Narrabeen.

Best to get there an hour before sunset and find your spot and just berley until there are sufficiently few people in the water to allow you to fish unhampered. Similar thing at dawn.

Cheers,

Neil

Ha ha, I wish there was!

You really have to fish before dawn or after sunset, as the surfers will be there all day long in summer,

and my experience shows me if you find a nice gutter with a rip nearby, then the surfers will use this as a short cut out the back, meaning casting fish-scaring shadows over the route to your gutter. You might get lucky though and find a relatively quiet spot, even on Narrabeen.

Best to get there an hour before sunset and find your spot and just berley until there are sufficiently few people in the water to allow you to fish unhampered. Similar thing at dawn.

Cheers,

Neil

Ok thanks for the advice..

um would narrabeen be contaminated? like is it a part of sydney harbour?

Actually scratch that, i think it IS sydney harbour

Edited by Davy

Ok thanks for the advice..

um would narrabeen be contaminated? like is it a part of sydney harbour?

Actually scratch that, i think it IS sydney harbour

Nah mate,

nowhere near Sydney harbour - about 30+ mins drive north.

It's an ocean beach so subject to the outflow from Narrabeen lagoon and other environmental elements, but at least not dioxins.

Cheers,

Neil