Wooli, Crowdy Head and maybe Coffs

Fish_More

Hi all

Got 2 weeks holiday booked starting in 2 weeks.  First week is at Wooli and second week is at Crowdy Head.

Have fished Wooli before, but never with much luck and never at this time of year.  Any suggestions on where to try (have ready out around Norwest Rock) and what might be around in December?

If the bar is bad at Wooli, intend to go down to Coffs to launch (yes, I know can beach launch at Minnie, but at about 3 tonne, not sure I will get the boat back out of the water).  Does anybody know what the ramp at Coffs is like at the moment?  Is it shallow and silted up?

I have fished Crowdy a few times and really looking forward to go back there, but happy to take any guidance anybody wants to offer.

Mark 

3 hours ago, Fish_More said:

Hi all

Got 2 weeks holiday booked starting in 2 weeks.  First week is at Wooli and second week is at Crowdy Head.

Have fished Wooli before, but never with much luck and never at this time of year.  Any suggestions on where to try (have ready out around Norwest Rock) and what might be around in December?

If the bar is bad at Wooli, intend to go down to Coffs to launch (yes, I know can beach launch at Minnie, but at about 3 tonne, not sure I will get the boat back out of the water).  Does anybody know what the ramp at Coffs is like at the moment?  Is it shallow and silted up?

I have fished Crowdy a few times and really looking forward to go back there, but happy to take any guidance anybody wants to offer.

Mark 

I've fished crowdy landbased before and the best place to launch would be the boat harbour I think, haven't been there in ages but I know the fishing is good

I was in Coffs last week and drove  down to have a look at the ramp.  Couldn’t get near it because of all the dump trucks/ excavators etc!!  That sounds bad but probably means they’re working overtime to get it up to scratch for the holidays. Give motackle a call,they’re on the ball and will know what’s going on.  As for what fish—- everything !  Spanish will be a bit later , but could be some early guys around. Once again motackle will be right up to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1