Jewfish Pb

stevefish

Here goes,

The day started early to chase squid, tried and failed at a couple of spots as usual, caught a few yakkas and a pike. then headed to ?????? to catch a jew.

Set out frozen squid away from the boat and sent the pike straight down with the rod in the flat holder, as the tide slacked off the 10 kilo lever drag screamed....... and screamed...............and kept screaming, (this is why jewfishermen dont like people anchoring behind them, side by side is fine).

This was something new for me and i was just hoping it wasnt a noah or something flat, anyway it never arced at the end of its run and stayed deep which i thought was a good sign. a couple more runs and some grunting later it was below the boat causing headaches and making me dizzy running in circles,

Then it came into view, a jewie. Gaffing it and holding the rod on my own was a bit difficult but i managed.

Spent the rest of the week grinning and telling everyone i finally caught one.

7/0s look bloody small in a 20 kilo fish.

50lb leader

Steve

Edited by stevefish

Congrat's mate.

No need to divulge the spot . Those that know, know the spot.

It doesnt really matter , im sure it didnt live there and would have left to swim up or down the river in a tide or 2 anyway.

The livie under the boat Stew

It doesnt really matter , im sure it didnt live there and would have left to swim up or down the river in a tide or 2 anyway.

The livie under the boat Stew

Ahhhhhhhhhh thought so ,those dirty smelly old pike make a great king or jewie bait :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman