squid careel bay

jgoodare

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on getting onto my first squid i have been fishing at careel bay marina as i live quite close and i have been pulling up weed which im aware is a good sign im in the right area i have been using a 2.0 and letting it sink to the bottom and giving it two quick flicks and repeating but cant seem to get one.

im fairly new to this site so if im doing something wrong any tips would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

We have 20 years of posts about everything fishing, boating and safety wise. You will find our search engine will bring up loads of these posts. Check these out while you wait fir members to answer you. 
Another tip is to introduce yourself on the forum - click on this to post a bit about yourself 

Check out Articles written by members in The Bar ...... Library...... Articles below are 2

• Like 1

Hi @jgoodare,

I know the Careel bay area well. Dad has his boat there and sometimes I launch my kayak there. I've caught plenty of good squid there and it is a pretty reliable location if you can cover ground.

First question, are you only landbased or can you get water access too? This changes the nature of my response.

Regards,

Derek

2 hours ago, jgoodare said:

i am landbased

Then I'm assuming you are fishing from the jetty next to the marina.

First read my article which Donna posted the link for above.

Secondly, don't despair. Sounds like you are already doing some of the right things but the challenge you have is that you need to cover ground and if you only have the jetty to fish from it limits you. Not a huge problem but it means it will likely take longer.

I'll add to this when I'm at home.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 2