Low tide and high tide

MaxiTroll

Hi Raiders,

Have been doing a couple trips to longreef last couple weeks and have noticed that I can only catch kings when I have high tides in the morning and can’t seem to get any kings at all when there is a low tide in the morning. Was planning on going out tomorrow but noticed low tide is around 9 o’clock. Would it be worth it going? Or is it just me who can’t catch them when tide is low. If not any recommendations were I can find some kings offshore that are not to far from the heads as only have a 4.6m boat.  Any help would be much appreciated thanks you. 

1 hour ago, MaxiTroll said:

Hi Raiders,

Have been doing a couple trips to longreef last couple weeks and have noticed that I can only catch kings when I have high tides in the morning and can’t seem to get any kings at all when there is a low tide in the morning. Was planning on going out tomorrow but noticed low tide is around 9 o’clock. Would it be worth it going? Or is it just me who can’t catch them when tide is low. If not any recommendations were I can find some kings offshore that are not to far from the heads as only have a 4.6m boat.  Any help would be much appreciated thanks you. 

I'd always rather be on the water than stuck at home :mfr_lol:

• Like 2

The fish don’t starve to death at low tide, best guess, the bait moves around and the Kingfish follow, or, because of your previous trips, you now don’t fish there at low tide, so you think there’s no fish there?

• Like 2