Stabicraft flushing

Bryant fish

Bit bored this morning so went for a drive to parsley bay ramp guy comes in a stabi puts it on trailer and goes up to prepare everything to leave i hear the motor start and think to myself please dont tell me he’s running it dry  i turn around and its got its own water supply to flush the suzuki great idea i hadn’t heard of before 

He's obviously set up a supply from his on board water tank,  quite novel I guess.

In all honesty, I can't really see the point, unless you were bush for a week with no other fresh water supply, I'm happy to wait till I get home and do the whole wash down stuff, I don't think any salt build up would worry anything for that short time. I've, in the past, been away for 2-3 days with the boat and not flushed her of a night because we were straight back in the water the next day or I've left her anchored over night. I guess I'm struggling to find a reason or need to have a separate set up for flushing the engine after use..

Maybe he wanted to get rid of all his onboard fresh water and set up his pump to ear muffs ???

Maybe the penny isn't dropping for me yet  🤪

• Like 1

It's getting more common to fit a fresh water tank and  deck wash to smaller boats.  I am considering it myself for my 5.6 meter Quinnie.   I guess that if fitted it would be easy to use it to flush your motor.   If you flush straight away you only need to run motor for a minute or so as thermostat is open and head gets flushed immediately.  Ron