Anyone been in the mines?

Fab1

I’m getting the boot and been offered job in mines in Darwin or Kalgoorlie super pit.Above ground I won’t do below.More than likely driving one of the dump trucks if I go.

Anyone been or know anyone or more about it?Roster will be 2:1.

Had a brother that worked the mines in MtNewman top of western Australia and a cousin work the gold mines around Alice Springs and they both loved doing it. But they were both single men, don't know what it would be like for a married bloke.

Frank

21 minutes ago, frankS said:

Had a brother that worked the mines in MtNewman top of western Australia and a cousin work the gold mines around Alice Springs and they both loved doing it. But they were both single men, don't know what it would be like for a married bloke.

Frank

Exactly my thoughts too mate.The more I think about it the more it’s unappealing to me.

Cheers.

Are you planning on moving or a fly in fly out setup? A very good friend works up in Gladstone on a FIFO basis and he “likes” it, doesn’t love it, the money is good, and the time off is good, but, long hours, every day gets old real quick after a while. Do you have a truck license? I have a friend that has an excavation business and is constantly looking for good reliable drivers, money not like the mines, but it’s an opening if you get “stuck”

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Are you planning on moving or a fly in fly out setup? A very good friend works up in Gladstone on a FIFO basis and he “likes” it, doesn’t love it, the money is good, and the time off is good, but, long hours, every day gets old real quick after a while. Do you have a truck license? I have a friend that has an excavation business and is constantly looking for good reliable drivers, money not like the mines, but it’s an opening if you get “stuck”

I’d have to move Perth,Kalgoorlie itself or Darwin.I don’t lack job offers mate but thanks anyway.And yes I do have truck license.

Long hours isn’t a problem as I’m use to it.Just looking at the hours/days/pay/being away from family for extended periods,etc and getting paid a lot less than I do now for my troubles isn’t worth it me thinks.

• Like 1