Lake Oberon

2 hours ago, R E G I C Y C L E said:

I've kayak fished oberon 4 times this year. Plenty of big trout getting around and I've caught a feed everytime.

Are you thinking of fishing it landbased or kayak/boat?

Land Base mate we will be using baits (worms) not sure when we are heading over but are the warmer months better the the colder?

You're more likely to have landbased success in the warmer months in my opinion although the dam fishes well year round. The summer months are definitely more comfortable, with the temperature often dropping into the negatives in winter.

You can't beat the powerbait salmon eggs here... the amount of big fish I've seen caught just off the ramp at the Reef is crazy. You also weed out the micro reddies which won't touch powerbait.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, R E G I C Y C L E said:

You're more likely to have landbased success in the warmer months in my opinion although the dam fishes well year round. The summer months are definitely more comfortable, with the temperature often dropping into the negatives in winter.

You can't beat the powerbait salmon eggs here... the amount of big fish I've seen caught just off the ramp at the Reef is crazy. You also weed out the micro reddies which won't touch powerbait.

sweet thanks heaps mate i am sure there is a tackle shop in town ill pop in there and grab some gear