Gettin Back Into It!

WiseGuy

Hey everyone...

I have just got my fishing licence after about 10 years away from the sport, ( you know geting married, having kids etc can really get in the way!!) and am looking for some advice on where to start again..

I remember the basic rigs and recently prucahsed some new gear. I live on the Georges River near Lugarno and need some advice on where is a good spot, land based as I don't have boat.... yet.... and what bait is the go....

Also if some one needs a fishing buddy :1fishing1: then I'm all ears.....

cheers.....

Edited by WiseGuy

Hey everyone...

I have just got my fishing licence after about 10 years away from the sport, ( you know geting married, having kids etc can really get in the way!!) and am looking for some advice on where to start again..

I remember the basic rigs and recently prucahsed some new gear. I live on the Georges River near Lugarno and need some advice on where is a good spot, land based as I don't have boat.... yet.... and what bait is the go....

cheers.....

:1welcomeani: Mate , I am sure a few of the locals from here will be in touch with you very shortly :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

:1welcomeani: Mate , I am sure a few of the locals from here will be in touch with you very shortly :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Thanks Swordfisherman..... I am going to try Ramsgate beach tomorrow morning so I'll have a report on the catch ( I hope :) ) .

G`day Fellas ,

WG , I lived in Lugarno for a few years , near where the ferry crossed .

I regularly caught some massive bream all along the foreshore of the Old Ferry Rd, and the odd school jew as well.

From where the old ferry used to Cross , just a 100 yards north , was an absolute bream Heaven on light gear and especially after a sudden downpour .

Its pretty rocky there and so I don`t think SP`s are an option.

If you cast out well into the Channel with a slab of Mullet or Squid , you can quite often catch Jew and Of course the Odd shark.

Mick

Hey everyone...

cheers.....

Hi Mate,

I live in Lugarno, also new to fishing~!

let me know if you find any good spots, or if you need a fishing buddy~

Cheers

Sam

wow... didnt realise we had members that live a stone throw away from me,

you never know i may know who you are, i know alot of people in lugarno and its not the biggest suburb

i live in peakhurst, ever want to catch up give me a bell,

chris

Hi Chris,

i'm only 21, so you may not know me :1prop:

but any time you are headed out for a fish, let me know !!! i've caught one fish in the last 3 sessions! :05: i'd love to head out with someone who can catch a fish

Cheers

Just to report back in on Ramsgate Beach..... Nothing but baby lizards like less than 12 cm!!! But as it goes I did land something unusual though... A fishing rod!!! I mean I hooked a rod that must have fallen out of a boat or what ever and I snaged it!!! I'ff give that one to the wife, she'll never know!!

Anyway... I live in Padstow Heights on the otherside of River to Lugarno but I grew up in Lugarno so I know it well.... and i do know a good blackfish hole at the bottom of Valentia Avenue, but you need to be a good rock climber to get to it.....