Tagged Fish for Good Friday

Haven't had boat in water for nearly two months due to health and family issues and freezer was low for Good Friday.   Decided to try repeating last years effort when we landed 4 jewies within 40 minutes.  A night fish on Botany bay was planned for when mate got home from work at 6pm even though we had little bait. Not so lucky this year tally was 2 undersize jew released, 3 huge pike eals, 3 shovelnose, 2 tiny wobbygongs and a 4 ft hammerhead shark.  No squid due to plage of small tailor but a few yakkas kept us going.   Started packing up just after midnight when my mates rod went off and he landed an 80cm mulloway.   As his family doesn't eat fish my family ate fresh fish instead of frozen for lunch today.  Surprised to find fish wore a tag # A663746 so I froze head and frame if it will help.

Due to minimal use in past 12 months I was pleased my old tub performed well with no major issues but steering was a bit stiff and sqid lights didn't work so I  have a little maintenance to do.  Boats don't like being ignored and deteriorate more when not used.  Will try to upload photo.  Ron 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, campr said:

Haven't had boat in water for nearly two months due to health and family issues and freezer was low for Good Friday.   Decided to try repeating last years effort when we landed 4 jewies within 40 minutes.  A night fish on Botany bay was planned for when mate got home from work at 6pm even though we had little bait. Not so lucky this year tally was 2 undersize jew released, 3 huge pike eals, 3 shovelnose, 2 tiny wobbygongs and a 4 ft hammerhead shark.  No squid due to plage of small tailor but a few yakkas kept us going.   Started packing up just after midnight when my mates rod went off and he landed an 80cm mulloway.   As his family doesn't eat fish my family ate fresh fish instead of frozen for lunch today.  Surprised to find fish wore a tag # A663746 so I froze head and frame if it will help.

Due to minimal use in past 12 months I was pleased my old tub performed well with no major issues but steering was a bit stiff and sqid lights didn't work so I  have a little maintenance to do.  Boats don't like being ignored and deteriorate more when not used.  Will try to upload photo.  Ron 

20240329_092521.thumb.jpg.516c62e8ce06211e862330491e1f2f4a.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry to hear of your troubles Ron - hope they are behind you. But what a way to end the drought and what great timing - last bite but just in time for Good Friday 👍

cheers Zoran