Tarban Ck Topwater

So early this morning I was planning to catch up on some work, but I saw the weather forecast for massive rain and thought better of it and headed out for a fish. Catch-up work can wait until it’s dumping with 100mm of rain and the water has become chocolate milk!

Got down to the water just before six and got casting. I still had my bargain bin savage gear popper tied on, so that was my lure for the day. Starting from the downstream end of the reserve, I worked my way all the way to across from the sailing club with not a hit, so kept working up the creek.

Towards the bridge crossing over the flats, I felt a tickle on the line and I struck. A decent tussle ensued, and after a few runs, I landed a nice little bream.
image.png.131229f70198df274341be370df82717.png

Had crushed the barbs on the hooks for this lure, amazing how much easier a release it was.

Stayed for another twenty mins or so, then headed home a little earlier than usual. Happy enough with that, can go back to work now!

Looking forward to some lure crafting and fly tying on the weekend if this rain does come.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

A nice fish, appears to be somewhat darker ten the average Bream?

Thanks Bessell, The lighting was a bit funny as the fish was caught before sunrise and I had to use flash. But it could've been rather dark.

47 minutes ago, Yowie said:

A legal bream, nice work there Mike. Just one legal fish can make you happy for the effort.

Cheers Dave. Not quite the quality and quantity of your catches but good enough for me :)