Replacing Tip On Rod

mick309

Heat your Rod tip with a lighter (Im assuming that the old one is still on) and put the new one strait on while the apoxy is still soft add some super glue line her up with the other rod guides and your back in action.

This works well for me good luck :thumbup:

Heat your Rod tip with a lighter (Im assuming that the old one is still on) and put the new one strait on while the apoxy is still soft add some super glue line her up with the other rod guides and your back in action.

This works well for me good luck :thumbup:

Too easy thanks sharky

If you just use epoxy and not super glue it will be easier to change again in the future!

NB: make sure it is straight before the glue sets. Don't heat the rod tip too much and use pliers with a straight pulling action DO NOT twist as it may probably will damage tip.

Cheers

Trev

Try using hot melt glue rather than epoxy or superglue. Rods up to 8kg or so class work fine with hot melt - I have not lost a tip yet on all my rods that I build (ie every single rod I own) I only ever use 5 min epoxy on rods 10kg class and above for the strength. 5 Min epoxy requires too much heat before it breaks down to allow you to remove the old tip and this could damage a fine graphite tip - hot melt glue works fine.

Just my opinion though - if you feel you need the security of 5 minute epoxy, go for it.

Adrian

I just take mine to the local tackle shop and get them to do it. $14 and 24hrs laters its ready to be picked up.

If its the rod tip then its $14, if its the mid guides then its $6.

Leave it to the pros and the final product is fantastic, looks like a brand new rod.