We donutted but at least we donutted together

Went out fishing tonight since I could be out later without worrying about work tomorrow thanks to Anzac Day.  The plan was to fish for a bit then potentially meet @Mike Sydney tonight for the first time and to target big tailor on topwater together. Very strong winds tonight at around 35km/h at the peak and pretty choppy water in the harbour.  I hit a couple of the bays close to home with soft plastics but had no interest.  Brought out ol reliable white bread and still no interest. 

I was having a hell of a time with tangles and ready to call it a night after a couple hours of no interest, literally sitting in my car about to hit send on a text to Mike that I was calling it and had my key in the ignition ready to turn...when I get a call from Mike that he was available earlier than expected and ready to fish.  That call turned my night around and I was no longer feeling defeated!  Went to our agreed upon meeting point and did some chatting while I spent the longest I ever took to tie on heavier leader in anticipation for the tailor.  No joke it literally was taking me like 10 minutes to tie it on because I kept losing line between my fingers for some reason.  I'm blaming the wind even though we were pretty sheltered 😄.

With expectations of choppy water due to the wind, we both went for subsurface lures at first but the water on the Parramatta River was surprisingly calmer than we both expected considering the wind forecast.  This lead us to put on some poppers and Mike let me borrow a Halco Roosta Popper I think it was - never used it before but damn it makes a nice splash.  Mike had some really big splashes and we saw swirls at our feet and fish in the water but alas we both came out with no fish on the other end.  But tonight the fish was a secondary thing for me - I really came out to meet Mike in person and really glad I got to meet him.  Really nice guy and enjoyable to be around, and looking forward to more fishing sessions in the future 🙂. May have come away with no fish tonight, but did come away with a new night fishing buddy ☝️

• Like 14

BFFs forever @linewetter 😍 😁

Great to meet you too, shame about the donut. A couple of “almosts” with some big splashes at the lure but it wasn’t to be. 
still, all lures retained and (not counting me) only one crazy person encounter. (An old lady basically body checked @linewetter walking right at him, basically tightroping the ledge in a strange game of chicken).  A wild and woolly night but let’s do it again soon.

Edited by Mike Sydney
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1