bream fishing davidson boat ramp

it's always a hit and miss for me there when lure fishing for bream which I just gave up driving that further. I do see people had good success when burley hard - I think it's some sort of bread and shrimp powder mix.

You can also try the other side close to the marina. I had a few good sized flathead caught over there

Seconding the above. It's not an extremely productive spot, there are lots of pickers which will not leave you alone and legal-sized fish isn't guaranteed at all. I've seen people dragging nice flatheads from the south side, casting along between the bridge and marina, but I only managed some undersized ones when I tried myself. If it's close by, it's worth checking out every now and then when you have a spare hour, but I wouldn't drive there when I have half a day to fish properly. 

8 minutes ago, Breamfisher24 said:

I've caught like five 30 plus bream there but it is very unreliable any other spots you reckon are any good 

Mate, that's better than any spot if you can repeat that on regular! No spot guarantees any legal fish at all and 5 taker-size bream in one session is absolutely a success. Can easily be zero next time around though... Depends on time / tide / weather and a big chunk of luck (that is, fish behaviour which is extremely hard to predict). I don't target bream in particular, but for a wide variety of species anywhere around Spit Bridge or from Balmoral wharf are good landbased spots for light-medium kind of fishing. Clifton Gardens is often excellent but the most crowded of all. Any of the heads going out into the Harbour would work as well, and are pretty flexible as you can move around easily. I'll tell you what... there are no spots which always have fish and no spots which never have fish (well, within reason), and my go-to strategy is to be mobile. If you don't get anything decent in 30 minutes, just move to another area. When they are on a bite, stay there and keep doing what you're doing. Then suddenly it stops at some point - time to move on. 

Bream can be really hard to predict. If you want quantity of legal ones, check out how those iso dudes do - burley hard and present your bait as natural as possible, and immediately burley after hook up to avoid spook. I'm not into it personally (too effective), but it definitely works very well.

• Like 1