A quick play at a new( to me) location

Little quickie to morts  bay, only a small Trev and flattie to show for it . A couple of guys got a few decent leatherjackets and I spotted a few decent luderick. Water is much clearer in there and was expecting to see at least some sort of bust up but it was midday and maybe earlier would have been better . The flattie came out of maybe 75mm of water right up hard against the retaining wall under Balmain wharf, the Trev was off the concrete pier out on the point red circles on map show these locations IMG_0754.thumb.jpeg.5adca137ab9730fe77f42f5a2ae16779.jpegIMG_0753.thumb.jpeg.ec879e85aea88e4a97aa690d77578dac.jpegIMG_0752.thumb.jpeg.0c36250ad908c80999563e72b50b8efb.jpeg

• Like 11

That’s a nice Trev @XD351  I fish there a ton at night, that spot on the left holds a lot of EP in season too along the wall on the tree line. The whole area very popular place to get squid too. 

If you haven’t tried it, the other side of the ferry wharf where the ferries park is a place called Propeller Park. You can walk the back streets in 5 mins. 
IMG_4395.thumb.jpeg.7d0909525cdb610e040ac78cc05d5f72.jpeg

Further east of your picture on ballast point isn’t that flash in my view - the walls too high to pull anything up reliably and very exposed to the wind. There are some small steps though that make a nice fishing platform but only room for one. 

IMG_4394.thumb.jpeg.fefd4c9e56f5e43f0df2676bf5d341d5.jpeg

Finally there’s a park called Simmons Point Reserve which gives great access to much deeper water. Car parking is rough but worth a visit if you’re in the area. Really nice spot and usually deserted.

IMG_4396.thumb.jpeg.bbc5fb39f8743d7d34f902e900f92b70.jpeg

• Like 6

Awesome! Thanks for the info Mike ! I will definitely be taking a look at those spots ! Surprised you get EP down that far , never would have thought they were down there . 
Have you ever fished around berry island reserve ? I was looking at it today but not sure about it . 

11 minutes ago, XD351 said:

Awesome! Thanks for the info Mike ! I will definitely be taking a look at those spots ! Surprised you get EP down that far , never would have thought they were down there . 
Have you ever fished around berry island reserve ? I was looking at it today but not sure about it . 

Yeah I have , really snaggy at the Reserve I only went there a couple times and lost a lot of lures there. Lots of activity and a nice spot though but treacherous rocky bottom quite a way out. But then that makes it awesome as well I suppose - packed with structure.

A great spot near there is Öyster Cove by the marina. I’ve had big flathead there, lots of bream and tailor and it’s a sandy bottom more suited to lures. You have to park up the hill as it’s a private road for the housing complex on the way to the marina. 
There’s a walking track that connects it to Berry Island Reserve, you could always fish both. 
IMG_4397.thumb.jpeg.f494e3cec224c9af3ee7b9b75523971e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Always good to try new spots Ian. Thanks also to @Mike Sydney for sharing those spots. I’ve had my eye on oyster cove for a while but never got there.

I will get there soon , this weekend is a trip to the Turon river and hopefully a trout . I like the Sydney harbour/ parra river sessions during the week as they are convenient and there are heaps of canals I haven’t fished yet . I never even noticed oyster bay before or propeller park ! One thing I did learn from fishing morts bay is if you look at a spot and think “ no way could there be a flathead in this spot or that “ you’re probably wrong ! Super effort on mikes behalf sharing his spots and going to the trouble of posting marked up satellite images ! That’s true Fishraider spirit right there !

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You started it @XD351 😁

Those other locations i mentioned have great “photo spheres” too on Google Earth. Find them on the map, click the person icon and then any blue spot is a picture taken from that location. Lots and lots are 360 degree pannable photos.

Here’s the one at Simmons Point reserve. I said it was usually deserted but there’s someone fishing in the pic !

https://earth.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.google.earth&isi=293622097&ius=googleearth&link=https%3a%2f%2fearth.google.com%2fweb%2f%40-33.8543056,151.1933056,6.01742134a,0d,60y,328.66044555h,72.78886283t,0r%2fdata%3dCkYaRBI-CiUweDZiMTJhZjAxMmIzNTg5NGY6MHgxYzdkOWYwYzQ0YWIwMmYzKhVTaW1tb25zIFBvaW50IFJlc2VydmUYASABIjAKLEFGMVFpcE05V29NcVRLdXZhdkhKbS0wUVFKSWVRUnVETkl5cU9LdWVIaWxJEAU

Edited by Mike Sydney
  • Like 1