Bermi harbour

frankS

Made a trip to my 2nd home and spent 2 days with old mate. Took the 13 ft tinnie down to Bermagui harbour and spent approx 5 hours relaxing with rod in hand Wednesday and managed a couple of small but legal Flathead .Thursday cruised up the river for a couple of miles seen a 1 metre + Flattie scurry out from under the boat in very shallow water, chucked lures in the direction that it went but no strikes. No fish caught in the river so back to the harbour and entrance for another hour or so and managed another flathead and a flounder. Sorry no photos as I didn't have camera.

Frank

• Like 8

I am very impressed by the new floating pontoon at the main ramp in the harbour, the old pontoon is still there so now 2 great holding bays while you collect your trailer.

Also the new boat ramp in the river with floating pontoon a vast improvement over the old ramp that was just fair at the best of times.

Frank

• Like 1

Thanks for the report.

I used the new ramp upstream of the bridge. Very nice however care is required if there is an incoming tide &/or easterly wind as your boat can end up under the floating wharf.

The river seems to be gatting shallower, Hope you enjoyed your flathead.