Stradic or vanford

wefewfef

Now I’m trying to think of which one to get as the stradic is 269 I think on not allowed here rule 6 sale but vanford is 320 i don’t know there the same and I’m gonna get a 2500 or 3000 and pair with a jewel,td hyper or td black

Vanford is def due to an upgrade so if it's the current model for stradic and vanford, stradic all day. I have the Asian market c2500sxg model and it's incredibly capable for what it is (basically a 1000 reel with shallow 2500 spool) It's indeed easier to crank under heavy load compared to all other my reels.

I can’t speak for the Stradics as I’ve never owned one so take this with a grain of salt but I have had a Vanford C3000HG for 3 years and even had it fully submerged for like 2 minutes and after a service it’s good as new and I’ve had no other problems with it before or after. I can recommend it as a good quality reel. Have also heard great things about the Stradics though so best bet is probably try them both out in a store. 

I own both: 2 stradic FL (2500 and a 5000) and a vandford (1000). All lovely reels. Neither is better they both just have different applications. The stradic is way more rugged, durable and slightly heavier. The vandford is more finesse and lighter. 

So the answer to which is better, is it depends. What do you prefer, what fish are you targeting, what rod you are comparing and how the reel balances with the rod. 

On 6/22/2024 at 12:30 AM, James Clain said:

I own both: 2 stradic FL (2500 and a 5000) and a vandford (1000). All lovely reels. Neither is better they both just have different applications. The stradic is way more rugged, durable and slightly heavier. The vandford is more finesse and lighter. 

So the answer to which is better, is it depends. What do you prefer, what fish are you targeting, what rod you are comparing and how the reel balances with the rod. 

Aussie Salmon trevally bonito and bread and butter and rod will be either jewel or veritas cause veritas is 70 dollars

• Like 1