Jervis bay.

Afternoon Raiders.

Whats peoples thoughts on the ramp at Callala bay? I attempted using it this morning on to be greeted with only way to describe it but a surge of waves. Decided not to go ahead as it would be way to hard to get the boat back on the trailer….

i then drove all the way to Murray’s beach on the other side of Jervis bay, as there’s a ramp there and was desperate but again was met with a tidal surge even though there was a break wall protecting this… Does anyone have any tips to launch and retrieve there boats? Would the massive seas we had last weekend be a contributing factor?

put my tail between my legs and was home by 11am unfortunately…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crabstar said:

Afternoon Raiders.

Whats peoples thoughts on the ramp at Callala bay? I attempted using it this morning on to be greeted with only way to describe it but a surge of waves. Decided not to go ahead as it would be way to hard to get the boat back on the trailer….

i then drove all the way to Murray’s beach on the other side of Jervis bay, as there’s a ramp there and was desperate but again was met with a tidal surge even though there was a break wall protecting this… Does anyone have any tips to launch and retrieve there boats? Would the massive seas we had last weekend be a contributing factor?

put my tail between my legs and was home by 11am unfortunately…

Murrays does get a surge and is quite bad on dead low tide. Woolloomai ramp is excellent, dual ramp with good pontoon both sides, can get a bit of tidal flow but is generally a piece of cake to launch and retrieve. Only thing is its a good 10 minutes doing 6 knots to get to the bay, then you have another 5km to get out to the heads. Looking at 30 minutes boat travel time.

If heading outside Greenwell Point is best, great dual ramp, heaps of parking, and you are outside in very quick time.

• Like 3

If the ramp at Callala Bay was your first choice, there’s a pretty good alternative close by at Myola. Same issue as Woollamia though, being a slow trip to the creek entrance and a fair run across the bay.

• Like 3