Advice for fishing Noosa

AlbertW

Hey All,

I will be heading up to Noosa this weekend for 5 days with my parents and am keen to terrorise some more fish with the new setup. Catching a GT has always been a dream of mine so I'll definitely be targeting them as well as all of those exotic species up north. Any advice would we appreciated.

Cheers,

Albert

Hi Albert, lived up there a few years ago and its a while since ive fished it but its definetly a good spot for small GTs, Queenies etc -stuff we dont see in Sydney. The area called Woods Bay is worth a shot-small surface stick baits and soft plastics on tide changes and sunrise/sunset, Munna Point Bridge is the same and the Sheraton Bridge can also be good. The bust ups are fairly subtle . The rocks can be really good but its a long walk to the most productive areas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s going to be a great weekend up here. Shower or two but 23 to 25 degrees. The cloud might make it easier to hook bream. Early morning or night might be better around the Sofitel as the boat traffic puts the fish off. You might also get good tailor coming up through that part of the river at those times, so keep an eye out as you won’t have much chance on light leaders. Bream, whiting and flathead should be everywhere, just a bit more challenging than other locations. You’ll have Grunter around too. The bridge offers good structure near the hotel. Also walking from there and flicking around the shores of the Woods Bays and Dog Beach would be a good bet too. I think the key is dawn or after 7 or 8 at night.
The water is too cold for Mangrove Jack. Queenies, trevally, jewfish are possible. I’ve also caught hair tail this time of year and Cod are always on the cards.

You could do a river or reef charter. I’d offer to take you out in the upper Noosa River (Boreen Point launch) on Sunday, but I’m not feeling great at the moment and not sure if I’ll be good. You’d have to do more work than on a charter too🤣

I hope that helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, james Cutler said:

Check out   fishingnoosa.com.au also Tackle world Noosa. Bream are the go this time of the year. Munna Pt. bridge is the go. Take a heavy rod. Mac tuna can be caught on metal lures.

Have a great trip.

Cheers James, where exactly is Munna PT bridge? I had a look on google maps but couldn't find anything

• Like 1