40cm bream club candidate

Hi all,

Hit one of the bays in Gladesville this arvo with my friend. The goal initially was flathead as there's a competition among some anglers. Recently sold my ultralight rod so using hardrocker bb s83ml this time paired with my stradic. A bit tip heavy on a 185g reel but it casts to the moon, no complaints.

I was using some micro jigs since they are proven to be extraordinarily effective on Parra flathead while my friend is using SP. There are some bait fish around and we got some hits right away. I scored a tiny whiting first. Then a good whiting at 37cm (my pb I think ). After that my friend got two flathead in a row, ~40cm.

We decided to move a bit. Not many casts in I got a heavy weight on my end and it feels very lively. If it's a flathead it could be 50+ for sure. A bit muscling after came a almost 40cm bream! Not the fish we wanted but nobody's gonna say no to a huge bream. And they certainly are not afraid of micro jigs.

We then caught several small flathead and whiting and called it a day. Super productive for a shady winter arvo imo and it's great to hang out with a mate after away from the water for two weeks.

Tight lines,

Henry

20240719_162300.jpg

• Like 11

A good sized bream, so it pays to keep fishing all year round. You never know what fish is out there. Other fish were a bonus.

• Like 1