Any one still catching Hairtail?

Hi all,

I know it's kinda late in the season, but is Harry the hairtail still around?

I am looking at heading to Cowan Creek this coming weekend, and would love to be able to give my partner the best chance to catch one!

We haven't tried for a couple of years and she has never caught one. (Nearly got a good sized one to the boat, last time, but dropped in the final meters!)

Any way, we live in hope.

Any information / latest catch info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I haven’t heard of any on my socials but that doesn’t mean they aren’t there . You might just have to give it a go  , worst that can happen is you don’t get any but look on the bright side - you got to go fishing and that is always a good thing ! 

Edited by XD351

Went up Thursday with mate. Arrived apple tree ramp at about 4.30pm, only a few trailers in car park launched and went to waratah bay. got a heap of yakkas and set lines.

Fished till after dark and fog started to roll in.

got one undersized Jew and then nothing till 10.30pm and decided not to stay the night, had to drive back to ramp using gps, very slowly.

Frank

• Like 2

Thanks!

We are coming up from Sydney harbour on Friday lunchtime and heading back on Sunday morning so should see the whales and miss the fog.

We might skip Waratah and try Jerusalem on Friday night and coal and Candle on Saturday...

Might even have a crack at finding a Jewish.

Fingers crossed.

Well,

If any one searches this topic, the bad news is that we fished Jerusalem Bay 2 nights for nothing.

Other than big yakka's, a shovel nose and an undersized Jewie it was pretty quite.

But Cowan creek is a beautiful place to catch nothing!!

• Like 5