Blackfish on the chew

Ryder

11 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Out of interest how would you target fish feeding like that if you were fishing? Very shallow set float?

If it is that clear, you may not even need a float. A very light sinker with weed, then throw it ontop off them. With water so clear, the float would likely scare them away. Due to clarity, the weed could be seen, when a fish grabs it, set the hook.

• Like 2

Great to see. Down my way it’s quite common to see them feeding on the surface, especially when there’s a brown “patch” in an eddy on the edge of a current line.    
Don’t know if it’s algae, plankton or something else, but during these times they’ll happily take floating bread baits.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Great to see. Down my way it’s quite common to see them feeding on the surface, especially when there’s a brown “patch” in an eddy on the edge of a current line.    
Don’t know if it’s algae, plankton or something else, but during these times they’ll happily take floating bread baits.

Thanks Pete I saw the brown swirl on the surface. 
I can’t target them from my position, there is critical habitat for penguins down there, plus 10m of kelp bed before the clear water. It wouldn’t be a bad option from a boat.

• Like 3