Hawkesbury fishing

Hey all going fishing this weekend for a mates birthday and we’ll be hiring a boat from Brooklyn marina and probably fishing around that area. Never fished the Hawkesbury from a boat so does anyone have any suggestions? A hired boat obviously won’t have technology like a sounder but if there’s any general spots that work well or any tips anyone has about that area I’d appreciate it

With a 1.9 high at 10am and 0.2 low there will be a lot of current so that 1.5 hrs either side of high tide will be your best opportunity. Last time I fished there a few weeks back I got done by a mate fishing Hawkesbury prawns - they didn’t want pillies . 
I have circled a few spots that I would try but it depends on what the wind is doing on the day as it can be problematic. I usually drift but you can anchor if you like . Mostly flathead spots but I have picked up bream and mulloway in these areas . You must ensure you are getting the bait to the bottom or you will catch nothing! 
The number 426 on the map is just north of dangar island - for reference .  I didn’t include anything too far up past the rail bridge as a hire boat will take forever to get there and that = less fishing time ! 

IMG_1286.thumb.jpeg.7422b6db5000624795ee27067da78288.jpeg

Red= run out 

White = run in 

Edited by XD351
  • Like 3