Evinrude 175 Ficht

kane

Hi we are currently runningthe above motor on out 6m cruisecraft and at 60 bucks for a bottle of oil for it to keep its warranty it's prety expensive.

we are using the XD 100 evinrude oil

My question is do you guys know anywhere cheaper or where they sell it in bulk

Thanks

Kane

Correct me if im wrong ( and i probably am ) but XD 100 is fully synthetic and if the motor is programmed right it should last for ages and be cheap to run as far as oil goes.

Can you run XD 50 ? it cheaper to buy although not fully synthetic.

Hi we are currently runningthe above motor on out 6m cruisecraft and at 60 bucks for a bottle of oil for it to keep its warranty it's prety expensive.

we are using the XD 100 evinrude oil

My question is do you guys know anywhere cheaper or where they sell it in bulk

Thanks

Kane

Hi Kane,

The 100 is probably a vicosity grade.

One of the major oil companys would package this for Evinrude, there is a company in Granville called Green Goanna they are an Independant Oil distributor, they may know who packs it or an equivalent brand.

Good luck

Found this info on the Caltex 'Find the right oil" site (www.caltex.com.au)

EVINRUDE

175.0 h.p. 175 V-6 FICHT (1998-2002)

Motor

SUPER OUTBOARD 3

(See Note 29, 40)

Gearcase

SYNSTAR GL 75W-90

(See Note 48)

NOTES

29 Manufacturer recommends the use of "OMC FICHT RAM Injection Oil".

40 Fitted with Electronically Controlled Direct Injection (FICHT), put recommended lubricant in oil reservoir.

48 May also use THUBAN GL5 EP 80W-90. Power tilt/trim units or power steering, use TEXAMATIC 1888 or AUTOTRANS FLUID IID.

Looks like Caltex make something that fits the bill.

Cheers WG

I have a 2002 115Hp fitch engine running the same oil as yourself. Recently I went to Ballina for 4 weeks running my boat every second day and used less than 1 bottle of oil.

Your engine would use the same fuel/oil ratio as mine so the bigger engine would consume more fuel and oil. After you use the boat do see oil seaping down the leg anywhere possibly just under the power head?

If you do then get the engine re-tuned.

I buy my oil from an evinrude dealer on Windor Road near Winsor for about $50 a bottle.

Good luck :